The greater your metabolism, the more fat you will lose.
To build it up you need to do big movements in the gym and fast, short bursts of cardio.
Try this programme below to really boost your metabolism:
- Warm up on the Cross Trainer for ten minutes building up your level from low to high every minute.
- Then increase your level to very high and go as fast as possible for 30 seconds. Slow down and reduce your level for 60 seconds before repeating another 5 times.
- Use a dumbbell and do chest presses, 3 sets of 12 reps. Use a weight that is heavy. If you can lift it more than 12 times it is too light. Rest for 30 seconds between sets.
- Using just your bodyweight do 20 lunges and 20 squats, rest for 30 seconds and then repeat twice.
- Grap a pair of dumbbells and do 12 bent over rows with a heavy weight. Rest for 30 seconds and repeat twice.
- Jump onto the rower and set L7. Then set the display to intervals distance. Set 100 metres with 30 seconds rest. Try to match or beat your time over distance and when you can’t match your time, stop and move on to the next exercise.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps of “V” crunches on the Bosu board. Rest for 30 seconds in between.
- Finally, set up a step that is about shin high. Stand in front of and jump onto it. Step down and jump back onto it. Repeat 20 times. Have a rest and repeat twice.
Please see an instructor for any help with the exercises mentioned above.
By Mark Dopson
Reynolds at Rainham