Do you want to get better looking abdominal muscles – fast?
then why not try this different exercise to help you achieve this goal.
The Plank-Abdominal Exercise
The basic plank exercise, also called a hover, is the starting place if you want to improve your core strength and stability.
Here’s how to do it right.
- Begin in the plank position with your forearms and toes on the floor.
- Keep your torso straight and rigid and your body in a straight line from ears to toes with no sagging or bending.
- Your head is relaxed and you should be looking at the floor.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds to start.
- Over time work up to 30, 45 or 60 seconds.
Plank with Leg Lift
Start in the same plank position as above with your forearms and toes on the floor.
- Slowly raise one leg 5-8 inches off the floor
- Count to two and slowly lower your leg to the floor.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Do about 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
Plank with Arm Lift
- Start in the same plank position as above.
- Carefully shift your weight to your right forearm.
- Extend your left arm straight out in front of you.
- Hold 3 seconds while keeping your core tight.
- Slowly bring your arm back to starting position.
- Switch arms and repeat.
- Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
To modify the plank you can perform the exercise on the bosu ball or on the Swiss ball to enable you to feel it more.
LEE–FITNESS INSTRUCTOR @ RAINHAM