Rainhams Exercise of the Week - Stomach Blast
Now is the time to start toning up those abs in preparation for the Summer!
Try this quick stomach blast and you will soon see the benefits.
Make sure you have warmed up properly first
- Start off with simple crunches, make sure that your feet sit hip width apart and you support your head and neck – perform 2 sets of 15.
- This time you are going to progress the crunches by working your obliques (love handles!). After crunching, go back to the starting position, keep in the tension in your stomach, reach round and touch your heel with your right hand, then back to the crunch, then reach round to your left foot – perform 2 sets of 15.
- Next perform a plank, this will work the whole of your core. Make sure your forearms are resting on the floor, your back is straight and your stomach is pulled in. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat.
- Double crunch machine – perform 2 sets of 15 on a weight of your choice.
- Reverse crunches – lie on the bench in abs room. Holding on to the back of the bench, pull in your stomach, hold your legs out at a 90 degree angle in front of you and using your stomach lift your lower body off the bench, feeling the tension in your abs – perform 2 sets of 15.
- Power plate – plank and side plank on a setting of your choice.
- Stretch – lie down on your back, legs straight out in front of you and arms stretched out above your head, feel the stretch in your stomach.
by Kirsty Kemp
Reynolds at Rainham