Get Rid of Winter Skin
Does your skin get dry in the Winter? Here are some tips to keep your natural glow during these cold months ….
- After showering, pat dry your sking with Coconut Oil, Cocoa butter or Shea butter. They contain nourishing ingredients and essential oils. They are high in Vitamin A, C, D and E and protein.
- Natural creams are beneficial for dry skin – they help to deeply moisturise and protect the skin from ageing.
- If possible try to wash your face with cold mineral water instead of tap water as tap water contains chlorine, fluoride and many other undesirable chemicals. Or, try washing your face with an alcohol free cleaning lotion or toner which will gently refresh dry skin without causing irritation and effectively removes impurities leaving your skin clean, soft and hydrated.
- Foods to keep your skin in top condition: sweet potatoes, turnip greens, walnuts and acai berries are all high in vitamin A and walnuts are full of antioxidants which are essential for skin regeneration and elasticity. They also contain chemicals to boost circulation for a healthy glow. And remember to drink plenty of water!
- Invest in a humidifier – keep one in your bedroom to help moisturise the air.
- Try to exfoliate at least once a week – this will help to remove dead skin cells from the body and leave your skin feeling fresh.
- Use an oil based moisturiser which will protect the skin from moisture loss as creams and lotions tend to dry out the skin.
- Use sunscreen – we know it’s winter but slap on some high factor sunscreen and it will protect your skin from the elements.
- Wear gloves. If you keep your hands warm they won’t dry out – simple!
- Flaxseed oil. Moisturise your body from the inside – flaxseed oil is rich in vital fatty acids which is brilliant for your overall health.
- Oil bath – why not add a few drops of jojoba oil or sweet almond to your bath? This will really help to nourish your skin.
- Book in a for a facial to give your face a real pamper and bring your skin back to life.