Exercise of the week-Boxing
Many people think of boxing as an aggressive sport, but not many people know the benefits of Boxing. Did you know…?
- The high intensity training of a ‘boxing workout’ burns incredible amounts of fat in recovery so you do not have to work out as often.
- Boxing will increase stamina, strength, speed and co-ordination.
- Boxing is a holistic workout that releases stress.
- Boxing is a brilliant aerobic workout that will increase your heart and lung capacity.
- The constant rotation of the upper body means your abdominal muscles and oblique’s (love handles) are constantly worked without doing a sit up.
- Boxing increases postural muscle strength, helping to alleviate common lower back complaints and giving you the appearance of being thinner and taller.
- Boxing conditions the total body.
- Boxing is a high intensity full body workout and females who train this way will find they will tone their Glutes, Legs and Torso more effectively.
- Boxing can be done in isolation through shadow boxing, in pairs and for those who like group exercise, this is a must!
- Boxing is so versatile trainers can do it indoors or outdoors. A perfect all year around activity.
If you want to try something different, then seriously try boxing!
This way of training will teach you self-defence techniques whilst keeping you fit, strong and looking great!
By Rachel Porter-Fitness Professional @ Rainham