Exercise of the Month – Cross-body Hammer Curls
This exercise is amazing for your forearms and biceps. Just like a standard hammer curl but because of the shift into your coronal plane (left and right), rather than in the sagittal plane (up and down movements), it engages your core strength, joint stability whilst improving wrist strength.
To perform the cross body hammer curls you will need two dumbbells.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, dumbbells in both hands relaxed by your side with palms facing towards your body.
- Without twisting your arm, curl the dumbbell in your right hand up towards your opposite shoulder.
- Slowly extend your arm, following the original path, back to the start.
- Repeat each repetition 8 times on each arm for 4 full sets.
- Remember to complete each move at your own pace with correct posture and technique.
Before starting any new exercise plan, consult one of our highly qualified Personal Trainers.