Most people know that eating more fruits and vegetables can make you lose weight. What people don’t know is what types work the best and why!
- Grapefruit- works in the body to reduce insulin levels. Eating grapefruit after a meal can allow your body to digest food more effectively and also cause you to burn more calories rather than store them as fat!
- Bananas are full of complex carbohydrates, potassium and fibre which leave you feeling full for longer. This prevents snacking on other unhealthy treats.
- Water rich fruits like apples regulate the amount of fat your body cells can absorb preventing excessive fat storage.
- Watermelon are full of water, this takes up a lot of space in the stomach leaving a full feeling!
- The high vitamin c content of oranges promotes the breakdown if fatty acids aka Fat burning!
- Capsalcin, a chemical found in hot peppers, causes a spike in the metabolism enabling you to burn more calories after eating!
- Broccoli which is rich is calcium and vitamin C promotes a healthy metabolism. Calcium activates the metabolism while vitamin c works to allow you to absorb more calcium. This means more calories can be burned!
- Mannoheptulose is a sugar found in avocados, this is important for reducing the amount of insulin released into the body, allowing more calcium to be absorbed, essential for a healthy metabolism!
- Onions and garlic contain oils and minerals that help to break down fat and speed up the metabolism!