Take the Sittingbourne Gym Challenge!
From 18th January, 2010 to 28th February, 2010 complete the Sittingbourne Gym Challenge – complete a million metres on the gym equipment!
Register for the challenge at reception and complete a million metres on the gym equipment and register each entry using the Expro ACS monitors situated in the gym.
One of our Fitness Professionals will be assigned to monitor each completed entry you make. Please see an instructor for help with logging your entries on the ACS.
Complete your choice of events below to complete the million metres needed.
- Complete three 12 minute runs. Each run is worth 100 km (100,000 metres)
- Each distance run must be further than the previous entry.
- Complete the three 5, 10 and 20 minute times gaining as much distance as possible.
- Each time is worth the following, respectively 50, 100, 150 km (50,000, 100,000, 200,000 metres).
- Complete the three distances, 500, 2000, 5000 in as quick a time as possible.
- Each distance is worth the following respectively 100, 150, 200 km (100,000, 150,000, 200,000 metres).
Chest Press and Leg Press
- Complete 10 lifts on both of the pieces of equipment recording each lift.
- Each maximal left must be recorded on separate days.
- Please see an instructor on correct technique if unsure.
- The 10 completed lifts on each piece of equipment are worth 200 km (200,000 metres).