Do you split your abs into 3 × 10 crunches then 3 × 45 seconds of the plank? Do you rest 45 seconds between each set? That is a great place to start but now we need to up the intensity by performing a circuit.
Try this routine to push your abs to their limit:
- 20 normal crunches
- without resting 20 crunches with feet up
- without resting 10 crunches with feet up and hands trying to touch the feet
- Left side plank for 30 seconds
- middle plank for 30 seconds
- right plank for 30 seconds
Repeat the 2 mini circuits above twice.
A good shock can often improve your training!
By Mark Dopson
Reynolds @ Rainham