As we speed through another month of the New Year your weight loss and fitness goals may stall a little. So to keep your diet on track try cycling your diet.
All you have to do is eat more on one day and less on the other day and keep your intake of calories mixed up. This makes your body work harder than normal to use the calories. Especially if you have been eating a fixed diet, the sudden influx of extra calories will kick start your metabolism.
Good news but not a licence to eat anything!
You need to eat healthy extra food, which helps boost your metabolism. As an example:-
- drink ice cold water as the water needs warming up before your body uses it
- caffeine helps to boost your metabolism
- wholemeal bread/pasta/rice takes longer to digest therefore increases your metabolism
- protein takes longer to break down and digest so again increases your metabolism
- upping your intake of high fibre foods like vegetables is one of the best ways to increase your metabolism. Fibre is a non-digestible carbohydrate, but the body tries hard to break it down anyway, using up energy and boosting metabolism in the process. Plus, vegetables are low in calories, yet high in nutrients – a huge bonus for your weight loss efforts.
So, look to be as variable with your diet by eating more on one day then less on the other days. Eat good choices of food and that will keep those calories burning.
Pictures by freedigitalphotos.net.