Most people know that eating more fruits and vegetables can make you lose weight. What people don’t know is what types of fruit work the best and why!
• Grapefruit- works in the body to reduce insulin levels. Eating grapefruit after a meal can allow your body to digest food more effectively and also cause you to burn more calories rather than store them as fat.
• Bananas are full of complex carbohydrates, potassium and fibre which leave you feeling full for longer. This prevents snacking on other unhealthy treats.
• Water rich fruits like apples regulate the amount of fat your body cells can absorb preventing excessive fat storage.
• Watermelons are full of water, this takes up a lot of space in the stomach leaving you feeling full.
• The high vitamin C content of oranges promotes the breakdown of fatty acids and therefore fat burning.
– Capsalcin, a chemical found in hot peppers, causes a spike in the metabolism enabling you to burn more calories after eating.
– Broccoli is rich in calcium and vitamin C and promotes a healthy metabolism. Calcium activates the metabolism while vitamin C works to allow you to absorb more calcium. This means more calories can be burned.
– Mannoheptulose is a sugar found in avocados, this is important for reducing the amount of insulin released into the body. This allows more calcium to be absorbed, essential for a healthy metabolism.
– Onions and garlic contain oils and minerals that help to break down fat and speed up the metabolism.