There are roughly 100 calories in one pancake and the average person eats about 3 or 4 so in order to burn them off you would probably have to run 3 or 4 miles!
However you can cut the calories and your pancakes will still taste just as good.
- Try using wholemeal flour instead of plain white
- Use skimmed milk because it is much lower in fat
- Reduce the amount of sugar you use
Instead of having the traditional but very naughty full fat cream or syrup and butter fillings try some of these healthy alternatives:
- Lemon and sugar (easy with the sugar)
- fat free yoghurt with fresh fruit such as chopped banana, kiwi and blueberries
- sliced apple and cinnamon
- frozen berries and fromage frais
by Kirsty Kemp
Reynolds at Rainham
Images from freedigitalphotos.net