Level 2 in Gym Instructing
Our Full Diploma course will enable learners to become Level 2 Gym Instructors. Our courses are fully funded* for ages 16-18 and for 19+ learners funding is available via the advanced learning loan*. *Subject to eligibility
The course is 6 intensive days (10am – 5pm) in the Bexley gym (Reynolds Fitness Spa Bexley)
- Ages 16-18 must have a grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths & English (19+ not required, subject to interview).
- Some experience with gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Learners wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as gym instructors, with the possibility of moving on to a level 3 personal training course (certificate).
This qualification aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills and knowledge to pursue a career in gym instructing. During the qualification, learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Principles of training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect well-being.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity programs.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
- Various fitness-based short courses.
- Possible employment at Reynolds Gyms and Fitness Spas.
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
Active IQ is an awarding organisation recognised and regulated by Ofqual within the Active Leisure sector designing qualifications that support clear career pathways. They strive to provide high-quality resources for qualifications enabling Training Providers to give a positive learning experience.
The qualifications are regulated by Ofqual and, in many cases, also by Qualifications Wales and CCEA Regulation. All the Active IQ courses are CIMSPA recognised.