Level 2 & 3 in Gym Instructing and Personal Training
Our Full Diploma course will enable learners to become Level 3 Personal Trainers (including level 2 Instructing fitness – gym based). Our courses are fully funded* for ages 16-18 and for 19+ learners funding is available via the advanced learning loan*. *Subject to eligibility
The course is 2 days per week including 1 day in college and the other via online learning.
- Ages 16-18 must have a grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths & English
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Learners wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as personal trainers.
This qualification aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Anatomy and Physiology – Learning about how our amazing body’s work and their correlation to exercise and fitness
Principles of Training – How to recognise and deal safely and professionally with a wide variety of clientele
Planning & Instructing – Programming and teaching practical based skills to gym based clients
Anatomy & Physiology – Adding to the vast knowledge gained at level 2
Nutrition – How to analyse and give healthy eating advice to clients
Planning – Programming for a wide variety of individual needs
Personal Training – Delivering practical sessions with clients to enable them to safely and effectively achieve goals
This qualification provides progression to:
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
Active IQ is an awarding organisation recognised and regulated by Ofqual within the Active Leisure sector designing qualifications that support clear career pathways. They strive to provide high quality resources for qualifications enabling Training Providers to give a positive learning experience.
The qualifications are regulated by Ofqual and, in many cases, also by Qualifications Wales and CCEA Regulation. All the Active IQ courses are CIMSPA recognised.
Wednesday 27th July at 10am
Watch our Level 2 & 3 Fitness Course preview