Rainham's Tip of the Week
Spring Clean your exercise routine!
- Replace your old trainers. If you have worn out your soles you are heading for an injury! Make sure you buy trainers with a thick sole especially if you are a runner!
- Still using the same old dumbbells? Try using the next weight up .. go on challenge yourself! Or even better book yourself in for a personal training review and we can introduce exercises to keep your programme fresh and interesting!
- Keep drinking plenty of water, especially during exercise. A lot of people just drink water whey they are thirsty but by then it’s too late. If your body is recognising that you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. It is recommended that during exercise you should be drinking water every 15 minutes.
- Focus on the quality of your workout not the length. If you are thinking of going on a bike ride for an hour are you really going to work hard for that full hour? The answer for most will be NO, so why not halve the time and really push yourself in that 30 minutes? Not only will you feel the benefits but you will also have a spare half an hour!
- Do the gardening, you can burn up to 350 calories an hour! And with the warm weather on its way there is no reason not to!
by Kirsty Kemp