Nutrition Advice: Picking the right fruit and Veg for effective weight loss
Most people know that eating more fruits and vegetables can make you lose weight. What people don’t know is what types work the best and why!
- Grapefruit- works in the body to reduce insulin levels. Eating grapefruit after a meal can allow your body to digest food more effectively and also cause you to burn more calories rather than store them as fat!
- Bananas are full of complex carbohydrates, potassium and fibre which leave you feeling full for longer. This prevents snacking on other unhealthy treats.
- Water rich fruits like apples regulate the amount of fat your body cells can absorb preventing excessive fat storage.
- Watermelon are full of water, this takes up a lot of space in the stomach leaving a full feeling!
- The high vitamin c content of oranges promotes the breakdown if fatty acids aka Fat burning!
- Capsalcin, a chemical found in hot peppers, causes a spike in the metabolism enabling you to burn more calories after eating!
- Broccoli which is rich is calcium and vitamin C promotes a healthy metabolism. Calcium activates the metabolism while vitamin c works to allow you to absorb more calcium. This means more calories can be burned!
- Mannoheptulose is a sugar found in avocados, this is important for reducing the amount of insulin released into the body, allowing more calcium to be absorbed, essential for a healthy metabolism!
- Onions and garlic contain oils and minerals that help to break down fat and speed up the metabolism!