Get rid of your muffin top!
Are you fed up with that little bit of fat hanging over your jeans? Then let’s burn it off for a slimmer more streamline figure – no more muffin tops!
- Make sure you are warmed up thoroughly first.
- Start off with normal crunches – lay on a mat with your feet hip width apart, squeeze in your stomach muscles and slowly crunch up, supporting your head and neck – perform ten of these.
- Next the side plank – lie on your side placing your feet on top of each other, support your weight with your forearm and place the other arm on your side, raise your hips and hold for ten seconds then swap sides.
- Side bends – sit on a swiss ball, keep your feet flat, your spine neutral and your shoulders back. Holding dumbbells in your hands bend slowly to your right side, squeezing in your abdominal muscles then back to the centre and repeat to the left to really hit those “love handles”! Perform ten of these.
- Reverse crunches – lie on a mat placing your hands underneath your bottom. Raise both legs in the air and cross over at the ankles. Slowly raise your hips up, crunching your lower abs. Be sure to keep your spine neutral and on the mat – do not crunch up too far (for experienced gym users only). Perform ten of these.
- Finish with v ins on the bosu (for experienced gym users only) – sit on the centre part of the bosu, arms behind you and legs stretched out in front of you (in a “v” shape), slowly bring your knees and elbows together, double crunching. Perform ten of these.
DO NOT ATTEMPT THESE EXERCISES IF YOU HAVE BACK PROBLEMS!
Please see an instructor for guidance with any of these exercises.
By Kirsty Kemp
Reynolds @ Rainham